- Cattle, hog and poultry manure management
- Treatment plants and industrial sites
- Concrete tanks, manure stores and lagoons
- Uniform consistency and even distribution
- Introducing cost-efficient farming methods
The market leader in manure management, with over 3,000 systems in operation worldwide. The Dairypower Smart Manure Aeration System is now established as being the most safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly method of keeping manure in a homogeneous pumpable state that is always ready to spread, 365 days a year.
The Most Cost-Effective Manure Management System
The manure management system can be used on cattle, hog and poultry farms. The aeration system has a long-life electric drive unit which operates on a high volume & low pressure basis, this smooth operation doesn’t disturb the animals. The unique fully automatic Dairypower rotary valve aerates a section of the manure tank for set time periods. This process eliminates the build-up of dangerous gases like methane and hydrogen sulphide, which are associated with manually agitating manure.
- Cost-Effective – Reduces fertilizer costs: The introduction of oxygen also helps to reduce the loss of nitrogen from the manure which makes the manure a more valuable asset, reducing the need for chemical fertilizer
- Increases Nitrogen Values from as much as 2.7% to 4% when aerated (in dry matter)
- Increases Ammonia Nitrogen Values as much as 1.4% to 2.4% when aerated (in dry matter)
- Eliminates the release of dangerous gases such as methane and hydrogen sulphide
- No need for a tractor agitator and the dangers that accompany it
- Complete consistency – in the distribution of manure nutrients
- System can be retro-fitted to any tank
- Manure is in an ideal state to be used with low emission manure spreading equipment i.e. dribble bar, shallow injection spreader etc.
- Manure is maintained in a homogeneous, easy-to-manage state 365 days a year
- Evenly distributes the manure nutrients giving complete consistency
- The crop has a better regrowth rate after spreading
- Improved palatability of the feed
Drive Unit Features
The electric drive unit is designed for a long and trouble-free life with a low noise level. The roots blower pump is protected by a suction filtration system, helping to extend the lifetime of all components. The system operates on a high volume low-pressure basis (5 PSI Approx) so the smooth operation does not disturb the animals. Adjustable air pressure makes it possible to optimise each plant to actual conditions.
The pipe we use is 50mm class D UPVC which neither corrodes nor degrades. The pipework is fixed to the tank floor by stainless steel brackets and stainless steel bolts. Each supply pipe, feeds an outlet-branch which has self-closing neoprene non-return outlet valves, these open when the air is supplied from the pump.
Rotary Valve Features
Dairypower has now developed and patented a very simple trouble-free electric rotary valve which operates on 24 Volts. The blower pump supplies air through a manifold to the rotary valve which in turn distributes air through the 50mm uPVC piping to an outlet-branch which aerates a section of the manure tank for a set period of time. The rotary valve then simply rotates to distribute air to the next outlet-branch and continues in sequence until the entire tank is aerated. The introduction of air into the tank has two main effects on the manure: effective mixing caused by the physical action of rising air bubbles, and odour reduction of the aerobic bacteria which digest toxins, fatty acids and ammonia, reducing the biological oxygen demand of the manure.